Friday, September 19, 2008

Windows, Check! Electrical & Plumbing, Check, Check!

I am chalking this up as the toughest week to date... Construction has not been bad, but Mike has been away. As I am sure most of you are aware, we had one heck of a wind storm Sunday Night/Monday Morning, courtesy of Hurricane Ike (all I have to say is that the people that chose to stay behind in Texas are nuts, the wind here was bad and it was 4x worse there!). At any rate... Monday morning at about 1:00AM, Mike’s cell phone goes off... it was work and he was to report for Hazard duty! Monday he worked local, but on Tuesday he joined the crew and left for Ohio to help restore power there. It is now 5:00PM on Friday and Mike is still in Ohio! So needless to say, very little got done on the house this week. My dad was kind enough to finish the electrical and cable wiring (with the help of his MVA (Most Valuable Assistant) ME! Ok maybe I was more in the way than anything else, but at least he had company. He also finished the drain plumbing. The rest of our windows were delivered yesterday afternoon and Chuck and crew were there to put them in this morning. WOW! Did the circle top windows ever change the look of the house! I was totally excited when I came home! I am hoping Mike will be back Saturday night or early on Sunday. I am leaving for a conference in Buffalo on Sunday afternoon and will not be back until late Tuesday night.... So until then... Have a great weekend everyone!

Front view with circle top windows!

The window from inside my office looking out!

Back of the house with circle tops!

Scott thinks he is moving in! HAHA! I would probably enjoy it if they did, I can't stand quiet!

No comments: