Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Check off the Basement

The basement is done! According to the foreman (my grandpa) there were 5 block layers and 3 laborers and they were able to get the entire basement up in 3 days. Tomorrow they will be sealing the outside walls with concrete which will leave Mike and me to tarring this weekend. Mike, my dad and Uncle Chuck will be meeting on site tomorrow to dig out the basement. Keep your fingers crossed that it goes well, haha. We are ready for our septic inspection as well. I believe Mike will be calling tomorrow to get that set up. It is becoming so exciting because I actually have something to present to people and it is also quite humorous that our basement/foundation has become the town meeting place during the evening! Stop by and see us!

This picture was taken last Thursday (7-3-08).


This is the finished basement, complete with windows!

My brother came home to see how things were going, we got really exciting news this week that him and Gabby are moving home! YEAH! I am super excited!

Mike is carrying me over the threshold!

No comments: