Friday, October 24, 2008

Busy Busy Busy... But No Excuse!

I know, I have absolutely no excuse for the 20 day lapse in updates! I can tell you that a lot has taken place in the past 20 days. For starters, we welcomed with open arms the newest member of the Orcutt family, Gabrielle! On October 11th, Scott & Gabby tied the knot and became Mr. & Mrs. We are thrilled to have Gabby as part of the family, my brother could not have picked a better girl! So needless to say the first couple weeks of October, I didn’t get much done on the house, due to wedding planning and preparing for the big day! It was a beautiful ceremony!

House wise… an incredible amount has taken place. For starters the siding is almost complete. We just have around the garage to do and the front porch area. We have not been able to side these areas because we are waiting on cement to be poured for the garage and front porch and we don’t want to risk the cement splashing the siding. The cement is a whole other story… we have been waiting almost 2 weeks. The subcontractor finishing the cement is having some difficulty keeping promises to show up… but I do believe it should be finished next week (keep your fingers crossed). Mike and my dad finished the heating, plumbing and electrical this week! I am very, very, very excited to announce that we passed inspection yesterday afternoon! This was the big one, so I am thrilled that it went off without a hitch and we can move forward. So tonight, Mike and I will be running to Lowe’s to purchase all the insulation and we are going to be insulating our butts off this weekend. Once that is complete we will be ready for the drywall people to come in and do their thing! It’s so incredibly exciting! Also this week, my Jacuzzi tub was delivered and I decided to try it out…. I can’t wait until I can actually put water in it and sit back and relax! Also this week, my mom, being the expert painter that she is, took on the project of painting the steel entry doors. She did an amazing job, no streaks, runs or smudges! They look great!

So, you are probably wondering what I have been doing this week… well I took it upon myself to clean the house to get it ready for insulation… WOW are construction workers (mostly Mike) dirty! It took me 3 nights to just get the basement organized and swept. But its done now and we are ready to rock and roll!

As for pictures, I do not have any to share at the moment, but I plan on taking some tonight and tomorrow and will post them tomorrow night. Stop out and see us !

No comments: