Monday, August 25, 2008

I Need To Go Away More Often!

I have come to the conclusion that I need to go away more often! HAHA! It seemed like a lot got done while I was in Atlanta (which by the way went very well, I absolutely fell in love with the city and had an excellent time!). While I was gone Chuck and the gang finished the roof and got it ready for shingles, Mike framed the interior walls, so now I can see what all my rooms are going to look like. Mike, my dad, his dad and Scott started the heating system which by the way reminds me of that movie, Tremors! It scares me! So now I have ditches of pipe all threw the yard. Chuck and gang also got the electric service started and the meter box installed. I got a fun surprise tonight too... they put on all of the little decorative corner roof pitches! I wasn’t sure if that got cut and I was really hoping that it didn’t, so that was a very pleasant surprise tonight! It is finally starting to look like a house, I can hardly believe it! Tomorrow the roof crew will be on site singling! So by weeks end I assume we will be completely under roof and not have to worry about rain!
Come out and see us when you get a chance, things are starting to get really exciting!

This is what the front of the house is starting to look like! It actually looks like a house now!

This is the start of the interior framing! Mike told me I am a contractors worse nightmare!

I got a huge kick out of this, if you look really closely, Chuck wrote me a Welcome Home note on the roof with orange spray paint! It made my day!
This is what the back of the house is starting to look like!
This is the beginning of our Tremors Hole! We had to fill it in with dirt (dirt with no rocks mind you) so there was a lot of hand shoveling going on tonight!

Here is Scott and Mike making the pipe loops for the Geothermal Heating.


This is the last set of pipe being lowered into one of four ditches!








No comments: